Roofing Repairs and Replacement Costs
Poor drainage is usually the number one cause of leaks in flat roofs, because the water is more likely to collect on top. Regular monitoring is required for structures with flat roofs to prevent puddles from forming since the weight of the water will eventually lead to structural damage. Bitumen or Asphalt is a common material used on flat roofs and a contractor will need to repair any cracks caused by drainage issues. To seal cracks on a flat roof, the cost cab be approximately €500 to €1,200.
Roofing Contractors based in Dublin
The material your flat roof is made of will have a direct impact on where you’re likely to find a leak. When hiring a contractor, it’s important to advise the professional of the material to confirm they have experience repairing this type of roof.
- Metal roofing systems. They will commonly have leaks due to puncture holes from debris or gaps formed by rust. Loose or missing screws and fasteners are another reason a metal roof may leak. Metal roofs are very durable and can last decades, but the cost to repair them can range from €500 to €800.
- Tiles. Roofs using tiles can make it difficult to locate the source of the leak because of the many different patterns that rainwater flows off of the tiles. Damaged tiles are common sources of roof leaks and it costs around €150 to €500 replace the defective tiles.
- Clay tiles. When used on a roof, they can become cracked and damaged. The valley on a clay roof is also prone to collecting debris and contributing to roof leaks. The average cost to repair a clay tile roof with new sections is between €250 and €750.
- Solar tiles. Solar tiles are used as a replacement for your existing roof tiles. Solar tiles are a newly developed product, so any issues with a roof leaking would need to be directed to the installer. Solar tiles are typically protected under a 25-year warranty, so any costs to repair them will usually be covered in the purchase price.
- Composite roof. A composite roof uses a few materials for installation including tar and slate. Leaks in these types of roofs can be caused by the tiles, joints, trim pieces, seals or flashing. The final cost to repair a composite type of roof depends on what exact materials were used for installation.
- Wood roof. The tiles or valleys on a wood roof may need repairing to fix any leaks. The cost to repair a wood roof with new tiles is about €600 to €900.
- Slate roof. Slate roof repairs for a leak are typically needed due to broken tiles or damaged flashing. The average cost to replace slate tiles is €150 to €250 while flashing repairs may cost upwards of €800.